This article explains how to change your Apple ID profile picture on iPhone/iPad, Mac, and web.
How can you change your Apple ID profile picture?
Your Apple ID profile picture is used for many things. It shows up in email inboxes on Apple products, shows up in your Settings app and the App Store, and more. However, you don’t have to be stuck with the photo you chose when setting up your device. You can refresh the look of your Apple ID profile by changing your picture.
You can change your Apple ID profile picture from almost any device it’s displayed on. Here are three different ways to update your appearance in your Apple ID.
Change Your Apple ID Photo on iPhone or iPad
1. Press Settings > [votre nom].
2. Press To modify in the photo at the top of the screen.
3. Then press To take a picture to take a selfie, Choose Photo to select a photo stored in your preinstalled Photos app or Browse to browse images stored in the Files app.
4. Adjust the photo so that the section you want to use is in the frame. More on changing your profile picture in the next section.
5. Press Choose.
How to Change Your Apple ID Profile Picture on a Mac
If you want to change your Apple ID profile photo from your Mac computer, you can do that too.
1. Click on the Apple menu.
2. Click on System Preferences.
3. Hover over your profile photo or icon in the upper left corner of the window.
4. Click on To modify.
5. Choose from preloaded images in By defaulttake a selfie by clicking Camerabrowse your Photos app by clicking Pictures or take a selfie using the app photobooth. If you take a selfie, place it in the frame however you like.
5. Click on Record.
Change your Apple ID photo on iCloud.com
If you can’t access a Mac computer to change your Apple ID profile picture, you can do it from iCloud on any computer. Here’s how.
1. Access iCloud.com and sign in with the Apple ID whose profile picture you want to change.
2. Click on Account settings.
3. Hover over your profile photo or icon in the upper left corner.
4. Click on To modify.
5. Drag a photo into the frame and position it as desired.
6. Click on Finished.
Your profile picture isn’t the only part of your Apple ID you can change. You can also change your billing address, payment information and more.
Can you change your Apple ID profile picture?
You have some control over how your Apple ID profile picture looks. If you want to make serious edits, such as applying filters and effects or adding text, you should use a photo editing program. But you can control the placement, size, and zoom of most Apple ID profile pictures. Here’s how:
- Using one of the instructions above, follow the steps up to the point where you have added a photo and it appears in the circular frame.
- You can move the position of the image in the frame by dragging it. The gray bordered section of the window will not be used.
- You can also zoom in on the photo to focus on a particular aspect of it. Do this on the iPhone and iPad by pinching and zooming. On Mac and iCloud, drag the slider left and right to enlarge or reduce the image.
In this guide, you have learned how to change your Apple ID profile picture. If you have any questions or suggestions, let us know in the comments. In addition, also consult this guide if you want to learn how to use a Memoji as an Apple ID photo.