When paying for any subscription service, not just Spotify Premium, you should always read the fine print. The length of your subscription and how you will pay for it all the time are two of the most important considerations that go into starting a subscription. Knowing how to change your payment method is part of properly managing your subscription to something like Spotify Premium.
How to Change Your Spotify Payment Method
Changing your payment method for Spotify is quite simple. Do this:
- Open a browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Go to the your Spotify account page.
- In the tab titled Account Overviewscroll down until you see Your plan.
- Under Your planyou will see your current payment method appear under Payment. You will also see a button below that says To put to day. Select this.
- Enter your new payment method to finish. Spotify currently accepts credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal.
Can I change my Spotify payment date?
Not if you are currently subscribed to Spotify Premium. The easiest way to do this would be to cancel your plan. After your next billing date, your plan will switch to Spotify Free. Once that happens, wait for the day of the month you want to be billed, then resubscribe.
Can you use Paypal to pay for Spotify Premium?
Yes! You can use your credit card, debit card or Paypal to pay for Spotify Premium.
Can you pay for Spotify Premium with an iTunes gift card?
If you are already a Spotify Premium subscriber, then no. However, if you want to cancel your current subscription, you can use your iTunes gift card to add money to your Apple account. After that, you can use that balance to start subscribing to Spotify, which will then withdraw money from that account.
If you have any questions or suggestions, let us know in the comments. Also check this guide if you want to learn how to delete your Spotify account.