Although smartphones are great tools for connecting with our friends and family members, having fun and entertainment, playing games and organizing our lives, they have a huge impact on our mental, physical, social and emotional.
With the freedom offered by Android and the availability of its apps, it is quite easy for users to get carried away with using their phones. Many Android users actually struggle to maintain a healthy balance with technology and end up wasting their time and adopting unhealthy habits.
To address these issues, Google introduced a set of tools called Digital Wellbeing. Digital Wellbeing is a simple tool that helps you find the right balance with technology. With Digital Wellbeing, you can discover which apps you use often, set app limits, improve your focus, reduce distractions, and more.
Although Digital Wellbeing is a useful feature, many want to turn it off. Many users have never used Digital Wellbeing and want to stop the app from running in the background. You can also turn off your Digital Wellbeing if you value privacy more than anything else.
Steps to Disable Digital Wellbeing on Android
Therefore, in this article, we will share a detailed guide on how to disable digital wellbeing on Android smartphone. The steps will be simple; just follow them as we told you. Let’s check.
1. First, open the app Settings from app drawer. You can also pull down the notification shutter and tap the Settings gear icon to launch the Settings app.
2. In the Settings app, scroll down and tap on the option Digital wellbeing and parental controlsas shown below.
3. On the Digital Wellbeing & Parental Controls page, tap the three points as shown below.
4. From the drop-down menu, tap the option Manage your data.
5. On the next page, disable the toggle for thedaily use of the device.
6. Open your Android app drawer again and open Apps. On apps, search for the app Digital well-being.
7. On the Digital Wellbeing app page, tap the option Permissions as shown below.
8. On the App Permission page, revoke all permissions.
9. Now go back to the previous page and select the option Details of thedata usage.
10. On the Data Usage screen, disable the option Background data.
11. Return to the previous page and select the option Storage usage.
12. On the storage usage screen, tap the option Erase data and clear cache.
13. Now return to the previous screen and press the button Force stop as shown below.
That’s it! You have finished. This will force stop and disable the Digital Wellbeing app on your Android smartphone. If you have any questions or suggestions, let us know in the comments. Also consult this guide if you want to learn how to enable call forwarding on android.